Boko Haram: Nigeria, Chad, Niger, others to forward military requirements to G-7 nations

buhar-in-germany
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday disclosed that, following discussion with the G-7 member nations in Germany, Nigeria’s security agencies are currently compiling a comprehensive logistic needs against Boko Haram to be forwarded to the G-7 nations.
He disclosed this to journalists at the end of the Extraordinary Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Lake Chad Basin Commission member countries and Benin Republic which held at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
The president said, at the meeting, he already informed other members of the Commission to also come up with their own lists.
He said the final list, which will be forwarded to the G-7, will be decided after the Africa Union meeting in South Africa.
“I am sure you will recall that I was personally invited to the G-7 meeting,” Mr. Buhari said. “I went there and I was asked to brief the G-7 and I was impressed with the tremendous sympathy they have for this subregion, Lake Chad Basin Commission. All of them are willing to help us. And they have actually asked me to discuss with their Chief of Defence Staff or their ministries of defence or talk to them directly what we need.
“So, I brought this case to our meeting here and I told them that Nigeria has gone quite far. I had five hours meeting with my service chiefs and I asked them to produce comprehensive logistic requirements. I also advised my colleagues to be prepared to produce their logistic requirement so that after AU meeting, we will agree on what to send to the head of G-7, President of Germany. They are very anxious to help us, especially when Boko Haram declared their loyalty to ISIS and you know what ISIS is doing to the world.”
He said the rules of engagement amongst the troops of the member states have been clearly spelt out.

PremiumTimes


EmoticonEmoticon